Sunday, May 31, 2009

Best Day So Far

Well, it's been inching the right direction each day and today was the best so far.

We were released from the PICU on Thursday and came home to find my Mom (Bubbie) and Amelia's nurse, waiting outside for us. We loaded her out of the car, brought her upstairs and propped her up on pillows on her playmat in front of the TV for the rest of the day. Cranky and kvetchy, she just stayed there and watched episode after episode of all her favorites. Amelia was fed there and given her breathing treatments there -- all propped up like the Queen of Sheba!

Amelia has a new G-tube button called a Bard button and I'm still getting the hang of it. It's similar, but different enough from her old one to cause me stress -- the extensions and tubing are rubbery and it's not fun giving her medication thru them because I never feel like they're attached properly.

Nestor got a call Thursday late afternoon that his Manager had closed a deal for him and he was flying out to Miami on friday morning at 7am. Ummm...ok. So my Mom switched her plans and stayed here with me for the weekend into the beginning of the week. Thanks Mom! Always here whenever and wherever needed. We are very blessed!!!!
I think Nestor will be home tomorrow, so that's good -- cause I know Dad is missing Mom (awww!).

The first night home was pretty bad even tho I had given her 2 doses of Tylenol with Codeine throughout the night. The next night was a little better, last night better and well...I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tonight. We've been giving her Tylenol around the clock -- and no more codeine since the first night.

Today Jackie, my sis, El, my bro-in-law, Ezra,(4) their son and Maya,(almost 2) their daughter, visited us in the city. It was great. They came up on friday to go to an Anniversary party for old family friends of El's and stayed for the weekend up in his old neighborhood. So today they drove down and spent a few hours with us. Amelia was really happy to see her cousins. We had lunch and went to the park. It was Amelia's first time out since the surgery. It was a gorgeous day and she really enjoyed herself. I hadn't seen Amelia sit up so tall in her stroller in a week. It was great! They all left and of course, Amelia took a nice long nap. After, she got her breathing treatment and Bubbie and I took her back to the park before giving Amelia her first bath since the surgery (which she really seemed to enjoy)and dinner.

We're keeping her home tomorrow with the intention of sending her to school on Tuesday. Hopefully...


Carrie said...

I'm so happy she is feeling better. Nothing is worse the post surgical woes... So much pain for our little ones and its so not fair. Thank g-d your stay in the hospital was short and Amelia is well on the mend. Hope to see you guys soon.